Be sure that the 2 1/2-quart souffle dish you plan to use will fit into your 5-quart slow cooker before proceeding.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin (I use my frozen puree – thawed & drained)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans *as mentioned above, I used walnuts
In a large bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin and water. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and salt. Blend well. Stir in the pecans. Turn into a buttered 2 1/2 quart round souffle dish. Carefully place the souffle dish in a 5 quart electric slow cooker.
Cover and cook on the high heat setting about 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 hours or until a cake tester inserted in center of the cake comes out clean. (Do not attempt to cook on the low heat setting for a longer time.)
Remove the lid and turn the cooker off. Leave the cake in the cooker until the dish is cool enough to handle. Remove from the cooker.